Photo: David Kline, PhD
Marine Biodiversity and Conservation
Check out "FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS"
MAS-MBC Capstone Symposium 2012
The application for the MAS MBC program starting June 2013 is now open. The application deadline is February 1, 2013. Program features
Orientation begins June 19, 2013, with class commencing on June 24, 2013.
- Innovative and relevant program format and curriculum provides an interdisciplinary approach to marine biodiversity and conservation.
- Courses taught by the faculty of the world-renowned Scripps Institution of Oceanography, and the
Center for Marine Biodiversity and Conservation at Scripps, UCSD
Department of Economics and The Graduate School of International
Relations Pacific Studies.
- A 12-month intensive master program for professionals interested in marine conservation careers. See Pace of Study for part-time option.
- Opportunity to network with world-renowned marine conservation
professionals, faculty and government scientists from UCSD and NOAA with
diverse areas of expertise, and NGO's with actual projects located
throughout the world.
Learn More >>
Check out these highlights:
1. Films produced during summer program.
2. Check out student research projects.
3. A listing of NGO's of interest for our graduates
4. Current Student Jaclyn Fowler has
been selected to receive the John C. Bajus Scholarship ($1,000) for the
2010-11 school year from the Marine Technology Society.
5. Current student Kristian Gustavson is co-founder of "Below the Surface" http://www.belowthesurface.org
6. Pictures taken by Lauren Washingotn (MAS 2010)A Day at Sea on the Sproul (pdf)