- Statement of Purpose (submitted with electronic application)
- Transcripts of all college-level work uploaded onto the application here: gradapply.ucsd.edu
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically by the recommender
- Checklist of courses (for applicants to the Ocean Biosciences Program)
- Graduate Record Examination GRE general test score report
- Graduate Record Examination GRE subject test score (suggested for applicants to the Ocean Biosciences Program)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report if you are not a US citizen. More information is available here.
- Application fee ($80 for U.S. Citizens and $100 for International Applicants)